Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Handmade Christmas week 4

This gift was a little more involved. It actually required making sure that I followed directions well and took advice from others. We (like the 2 older girls and I) are making pillow buddies. My younger ones have been asking for Pillow Pets for awhile now. I just couldn't bring myself to pay $20 a piece for something I thought would be tossed in about 20 minutes. But then I felt them and they are so soft and cuddly and wonderful.

So I found this tutorial and off we went to the local fabric store. I am making 4 pillows for the price of 2. I am NOT an artist so one of the animals looks a little crooked. Since they kinda look like roadkill anyway, then it is fitting that they are a little sideways. haha!!



6 comments:

TruthSeeker said...

So cute! Jayla is dying to make one herself now! :)

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...

Awww . . . so cute! Great job. Thanks so much for sending me the link!

Abbi said...

It looks cute and soft! I hope your kids love them!

Thanks for linking it up to A Handmade Christmas.

Happy Elf Mom said...

VERY cute!! :)

Lenetta @ Nettacow said...

The roadkill comment totally cracked me up. I'll be linking! (eventually... sigh...) :>)

Anonymous said...

I don't think they look anything like roadkill. Adorable!
Wendi